I so dearly love a cottage in winter!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Making Love to Wendle, Injected Cupcakes, and Dungeon Tales

Welcome Back!  To tell the truth, after Christmas Vacation, and then our Vacation from Christmas, this Madam de la Cottage has enjoyed some time off romancing my new Kindle!  Most romances do need a break, though, so after a good long week of making out with Wendle I have come up for air.  First to show you what I have been working on...to quote GIGI..."good heavens...no one makes love all the time...the only people who make love all the time are liars"

Injecting cupcakes is just wrong.  You never get enough "stuff".  I always use the "dump" method...not as cool sounding, but much better tasting...

Mix the batter.  Pour it into your cupcake pan.  To make the filling...mix one block of room temp cream cheese.  Then add a nice-sized dump, or glob if you prefer, of powdered sugar.

Flip a good sized glob into the batter.  Yes, right on top.  Does it look too full?  Good, that means you are ready to add the cherries!  As you can see from the first picture, your cupcakes should be spilling, souping, and running...Now bake.

Were you frightened of the mess?  NOOOO!  The batter simply bakes up and around the sloppy insides...leaving you with splendid and delightful treats!  Simple, yes!
I have also been working on my new bead loom.  This is a pretty standard pattern, and my first creation.
And attempt #2...I designed this pattern and this one turned out much better in overall form.
And this is a tiny section of what is to become a beaded bag...probably for Madam Lu.  After 2 practices, I felt ready to tackle a real project.  This will be about a 9"x6" panel when I am done.  I won't tell you any more details, but will show you the finished project.






Now, interspersed with all of this Wendle love, baking, and beading Sir and I are gutting the little Sirs' bathroom (hopefully to be followed by bedroom).  In order to gut the bathroom, we had to be able to walk through said room without destruction of self and limb.  In partnership with the bedroom is the dungeon....1,375 sqft of toy nightmare.  The dungeon was meant to be a quiet playland.  It was a "fail". So, we have been cleaning.  12 hours to be exact.  A brief pictorial...


BEWARE: Entering the Sirs' wasteland.
A weird little nook right off the entryway door...small door goes into an attic.

I warned you!
Bright and cheerful, yes?  A note: the tv was a recent addition and I never even hooked it up.  I am stringently opposed to tv's in kids rooms...this shows a total lack of control over sirs' and a desperation to try anything to bribe their cooperation.  Another "fail"
OH MY GOODNESS!  Don't you just LOVE the navy and red floor to ceiling wallpaper?  Not to mention the matching triple row cafe curtains....!!!
OOOH, this one gives a tiny view of the bathroom mostly gutted.  Lets just say this looks like a show room compared to the status of the dungeon!
Alas, after hours and hours, the room is clean.  Furniture has been moved and re-located.  The dungeon is basically off-limits to these people.   Piles of toys have been sorted, boxed, and put into the attic.

What?  Are you wanting some "after" pics.  Oh no!  You cannot have any until these rooms are shiny, new, and complete.  The wallpaper still adorns the walls, and the bathroom is not even close to being put back together.  You will just have to take my word on the fact that it is all MUCH cleaner!  Ha!

And now for my up and coming "to do" list.

1.  Organize art room shelves.  Begin taking everything off shelves and painting.


2. Sort all of the Sirs' clothes, starting with infant.  Give away much, put the rest in the attic.  Miss Melanie is our resident Textile Supervisor.
3. Finish beaded pouch.


I am sure there are many other things to be completed, but this is on my list for "today".  I will keep you posted, as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment