I so dearly love a cottage in winter!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pictorials: Sirs' Water Closet Update and Madam Lu's Birthday

As you all know, I have been working on the striped masterpiece that is the Sirs' bathroom.  I showed you pics of the hand drawn stripes last time.  We also discussed Sir L's vehemence towards tape.  So, your Mistress spent HOURS hand striping the first color...Kensington Blue...I decided I would hand paint the colors and then go back and tape before the final coat of white...thus only taping once and ensuring the exact stripes I desire.  I am such a good little compromise-r!

Imagine my dismay, when returning home from an outing I found Sir L in said room with the TAPE...oh. my. fill-in-your-favorite-expletive-or-not.  He decided to "help" and realized that it was just too hard to paint stripes without tape.  I will tell you, dear friends, that I gaffawed.  Really?  Truly?  After the...lets call it a "heated" discussion in which tape usage was basically forbidden???  Really. Truly.

So, this is the wall behind the toilet.  It is not totally done, I still have to TAPE over the colored stripes to do the final coat of white and clean everything to my exact vision.  Still, you can see some progress.  I think it will be very boy-manish and hopefully they will not outgrow this look for a LONG time (as I never want to do stripes like this again!)

Dastardly Wallpaper Update: This is what I have left.  Sir was supposed to tear down the beds so I could complete the paper last week, but somehow ended up immersed in MY bathroom project. (having a hard time letting the tape thing go) 

You can see where I tore off the top layer of paper around this closet.  I can not remove the second layer without the paper-removing-potion, and do not want to soak their beds, so...um, hopefully Sir moves the beds this week? (obviously, I'm still feeling a bit irked)

Have you ever wondered what happens to a ceiling fan when a 6yr old plays Tarzan with it?  It becomes another project Sir could have worked on instead of using the forbidden TAPE. (still slightly irritated...) 

And now on to Madam Lu's birthday cake.  2 Rounds...I think mine are 10".  I found a pattern of sorts online.

Before you judge...I have no idea why I do this every year.  My only reasoning is that some day, the kids will be grown, sitting around a camp fire late into the night, cracking up about the horrid cakes "Mom made us for every birthday".  Thus we begin Madam Lu's foray into birthday cake humiliation...The globby, stripe things have a tiny striped texture and it is supposed to look like fuzzy fur...Madam Lu LOVES kitties...oh, heck, I'm not fooling anyone...it is pretty aweful!

What is that?

Opa, who made her amazing window cornice last year, made her a kitchen this year.

And it is AMAZING!



Grandma 'Beck got her a camp chair that is an exact miniature of mine!  The perfect throne to open gifts!

A classic pink Radio Flyer tricycle.



Oma found the feather boa laying around...Madam Lu felt it really completed the outfit!


At least she knew what the cake was supposed to be...she kept meowing at it.


I added two huge tubs of chopped fresh strawberries to the cake batter, so it was edible.  With determination, she blew out both candles and after cake did some dancing.  She was delightful and entertaining for the entire party!

1 comment:

  1. who do you think you're fooling? that cake is awesome!

    ReplyDelete