I so dearly love a cottage in winter!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Pitty-the-Poo-Cake!!!

"Some days are diamonds...some days are rocks" I love this phrase.  It is in a Tom Petty song on the She's The One soundtrack...which is my FAVORITE Tom Petty album  (and that is saying a lot because I freaking love Tom!)



Warning: The following discussion is yucky!  Please pass by to next warning to skip the yucky....



Well, the past few days have had some major rocks flying about!!!  I told you about Heinrich and his poop-er-reah all over the house.  After spending $100 at the vet..."I have been seeing this a lot, Mistress of the Cottage, and I have no idea what is causing it, but here are some $40 pills."...we seem to have his er, um, problem under control.

After slaving away as lumberjacks yesterday, we came inside to find an explosion of poop-er-reah all over the house...again.  The dobes spent all day outside with us.  Oh. No.  Daisy!

Daisy is our 7yr old English Mastiff.  She is very old and can barely get up.  She has non cancerous tumor-masses all over her body that occasionally explode pints of blood all over the house.  She is huge.  So, when a 70lb dog has poop-er-eah, it is a nightmare...when a 130lb dog has it...there is weeping.

Did I mention that I hate poo.  I mean, I can stand the kids', but animal poo makes me gag and eventually vomit.  Really.

I spent half of spring break cleaning Heinrich's mess...luckily Sir took on the great Poo of 2011 for me.

Eventually the cottage settled down to normal.  Sir and I relaxed and caught up on episodes of "Parenthood" (OMW, Hattie is doing IT??!!)  We went to bed @ 11:30, so actually kind of an early night for your Mistress.  At 3:15a.m. I hear a strange hissing noise and realize Daisy is pacing...OH.MY.WORD.  I leap out of bed to let her out...toooooo late.  I do not need to go into graphic details about what the hissing noise was, but suffice to say it was a late and miserable night.



Warning:  This section contains shameless guilt-inducing sugar call, and friendship type bribery...



How does this lead into a story about cake????  Well, it does not...not even a little.  I am telling you though, that after all of this literal crap, I am having a MAJOR cupcake craving....even a piece of old school cake, but with lots of frosting...like I am trying to figure out how I can fit a cake run into our yard clean-up this morning...???

Unless any of you, dear friends, have some cupcakes sitting around.  You know, like freshly made, with oodles of unusual and delicious frosting on top?!  I love experimental flavors.  And if you happened to drop one by...maybe 2 so Madam Lu and Sir could share one too...I would not judge you.  Not even one bit.   Perhaps one of you dears have not had time to make any delicacies lately, I totally understand, but would LOVE to lunch with you and to have a little salad and big treat from the Bagel Station for lunch today...I am generously accepting all forms of pitty-the-poo-cake!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment