I so dearly love a cottage in winter!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A quick fall dinner...

I was craving potpies the other day at the store...yeah, those gross frozen nightmares my mom would occasionally make when my dad was working.  Well, I thought, there must be a quick easy way to get the same satisfaction but with less pre-made guilt.


So this is what I came up with.  FAST AND EASY....
To begin, make some biscuits.  I mean, I buy the frozen types, but the can works just as well.  And if you are mad about your own special,  recipe handed down by family MeMaws for generations-type of biscuits...well, knock yourself out.  No matter how you get them, get them

While the biscuits are cooking, cook a pound of meat.  Whatever.  I usually use Bob Evans pork sausage, in a tube-thingy.  You can use whatever you have.  Brown the dead animal.  Next make your basic white sauce.  (Melt 6 TBL  butter. Add 6 Tbl flour.  Stir.  Add 3 cups milk slowly.  Stir until thickened to the right gravy type texture).  Now, add your dead animal.  Then add any veggies you have laying about.  Tonight we had corn and peas. 


Tah_Dah!  Seriously, you have no idea how easy this is.  I have topped it with shredd chedd and green onions, or parm and chives.  You could add about anything and top it with whatever your family likes.  The nice thing is, it is warm and satisfying, and you can "hide" all kinds of veggies in it!

So give it a try and let me know how it turns out!  

No comments:

Post a Comment