I so dearly love a cottage in winter!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

A quick sewing project

 On one of my many, many jaunts to JoAnn's this month I found an adorable corduroy remnant.  What to do with less than one yard of fabric????  And so, while in the middle of making the dwarfs, I whipped up a little fall jumper for Madam Lu.   

I don't like to sew buttons or zippers...well, actually I have only done buttons once, but they were hard.  And I've never even tried a zipper, but I can imagine that lining them up would be very challenging.  So, I made these little straps to knot in a bow-ish shape on her shoulders....very, very easy...
The top and ruffles are just plain cotton.  I did sew backing of the same fabric on the inside of the bodice to keep everything smooth.  She has a white turtle neck and brown tights to wear with this...
And you know how I feel about ruffles!  Muwah!  Love them!!!!  It turned out pretty cute, very soft, and relatively easy to make; considering I made it all up (no pattern = yikes)! 
And this is what I have been breaking the monotony of the dwarfs costumes with....

Love to you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment