I so dearly love a cottage in winter!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fabric is Exhausting, Apparently

While I know you are waiting for pics from our recent trip to Vermont, I must tell you that we lost our good camera and tried to use the boys.  The pictures are not as splendid as I had hoped.  I will post what I have, though.  In the meantime, yesterday I dusted off the sewing machine and made another summer outfit for Madam Lu!

This is the back.  Once again, I used all scraps...and a lot of improvising.  I LOVE these little 2-piece bubbles, but as my child is monstrously huge (she is 2 but wears size 4), no one makes them in her size...so I did!  For the ribbon ties in the back...I simply took ribbon and sewed it together so that there is no "back side", the print is on both sides... it looks cute no matter how the ribbon hangs.  And as always, I try to make sure the back of the outfit is as cute as the front.

Trying to get the Beast to pose AND smile is really hard.  I mean, have you ever tried to photograph a beast?

It is kind of blurry, but she is smiling.

I did not have enough of any one fabric to do the entire ruffle, so I randomly cut 3 different kinds of pink fabric and I think it turned out pretty cute!  Using scraps really forces you to use your imagination!
Back to the drawing board.  I got all of my scraps out and asked her to help me pick out the fabric for her next creation.  After choosing, she took a nap, with a scrap "nigh-night".  Apparently Beasts are exhausted by fabric...which may be useful information if you ever come across one!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! And I must say, the Beast is pretty and looks like you. :)

    ReplyDelete