I so dearly love a cottage in winter!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Art Room Valance Project

 We Begin with this old-lady misery!

I have these valances on all of the windows on the main floor of the house.  I have recovered some, but with the intricate scalloping on the edge of this, I decided to take a stab at painting it.
I simply applied with a brush.
 Two coats of black satin latex paint...allow to dry over night.
 The next day it was time to add the white!  First, I broke down and used some painters tape (I generally prefer to free-hand, but it has to be exact).
 Two coats of white semi-gloss latex....also, dry over night.
Last night I painted the piped edges in green.  The same color that is the accent in the art room.  I can't wait to see what it looks like on the window!!!  To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment